The Rivals for Catan: Age of Darkness
Buy This Product
The Rivals for Catan: Age of Darkness, a 90-card expansion for The Rivals for Catan, includes three separate theme sets that can be used with the base game:
• The Era of Intrigue – You will witness the confrontation of followers of new and old beliefs and take part to determine Catan's spiritual balance. "Religious Dispute" causes both players to lose cards; Churches and Temples minimize losses; Temple cards strengthen your access to your own draw stacks. Church cards lure opposing heroes and earn gold. With a Church and a Temple, you may build the Great Thing stead and end the conflict.
• The Era of Merchant Princes – Using the "Commercial Harbor" and the "Merchant's Residences", decisive buildings in the struggle for trade advantage, players try to control Catan's commerce. "Maritime Trade Monopolies" and the "Master Merchants" enhance trade ships. "The Shipbuilder" reduces the building costs of ships. Dominate trade using clever card combinations!
• The Era of Barbarians – Use Castles, Border Fortresses, the Strategist, the Caravel, and new heroes to fend off both the barbarian attacks and your rival's efforts to dominate your holdings.
- Three 30-card theme sets
- Almanac and rulebook
- Ages: 10 and up
- Artist: Michael Menzel
- BGID: 93401
- Category: Card Game, Expansion for Base-game, Territory Building
- Designer: Klaus Teuber
- Family: Catan, Kosmos two-player series
- Mechanics: Card Drafting, Dice Rolling, Hand Management, Trading
- Publisher: KOSMOS, Mayfair Games
- Time: 60 minutes
- Year: 2011