Agricola: Farmers of the Moor
Buy This Product
Agricola: Farmers of the Moor is the first big expansion for Agricola.
This expansion adds to the base game with a large set of new improvements, and adds a number of new features. Horses are introduced as a new type of animal. In addition, you not only have to feed your family, but you must keep them from becoming "ill" by heating each room in your house. You can get fuel to heat your home by chopping down the forests on your farmyard, or by harvesting peat.
Agricola: Farmers of the Moor was released at Essen 2009.
- 2010 BoardGamer.ru Best Expansion of the Year.
The numbers below refer to the Moorbauern promotional poster]:
- Each player starts with 5 forest and 3 moor tiles on their board.
- There are new actions you can take.
- Felling timber (gets 2 wood from a forest)
- Slash and burn (turns forest into plowed field)
- Cut peat (gets 3 fuel from a peat bog)
- Fuel is a new type of "currency" in Farmers of the Moor, used to heat your dwelling at harvest time.
- Horse breeding is rewarded heavily, because you get 1 point for every horse you have at the end of the game.
- There are 14 new Major Improvements.
- There are special actions to aid in the acquisition of Improvements.
- Black market (use fuel to get a Minor Improvement)
- Moonlighting (use food and fuel to get a Major Improvement)
- There are 118 new Minor Improvements.
- Play-Agricola.com (All 3 levels, 1-5 players, real time)
- Ages: 12 and up
- Artist: Klemens Franz
- BGID: 43018
- Category: Economic, Expansion for Base-game, Farming
- Designer: Uwe Rosenberg
- Family: Agricola, Solitaire Games
- Mechanics: Worker Placement
- Publisher: 999 Games, Hobby Japan, HomoLudicus, Korea Boardgames, Lacerta, Lookout Games, MINDOK, Stratelibri, Swan Panasia Co., Ltd., Ystari Games, Z-Man Games,
- Time: 120 minutes
- Year: 2009