The Golden City
Buy This Product
From far away, the adventurers have come to the island with the golden city in its center. Just arrived, they open up the first shop directly at the coast. Already it is possible to open up other ones in the villages along the street connections.
That's worth it because through that you'll get goods, keys, money, and concessions that you need for getting ahead. And finally the first is able to establish himself in the golden City and thus get the most precious trading contracts.
- Best Family Game 2009, Świat Gier Planszowych
- Der Portner 2009, 5th place
- Pfefferkuchel 2009, 5th place
- Family Strategy Game, Honorable Mention, GAMES Magazine, 2011
- Game by Game 2010, Recommendation
- Two player variant "the big drought"
- Additional variant for "the big drought"
- 2012 Hungarian Boardgame Prize Nomination
Reviewed in "Counter - Boardgames Reviewed & Discussed" by Alan How*, Issue 46, September 2009, pp. 32-33. *alan how
Contents: 1 game board, 72 stores, 50 landscape cards, 16 scoring cards, 8 bonus cards, 8 goods cards, 6 key cards, 35 coins, 4 bidding hands, 1 start player tile, 100 trading contracts, rules
FAQ / Easy to miss rules
- key required to build in the inner most part of city only (and each time you build in inner city)
- don't forget bonus if you are only one scoring part of the score card
- Ages: 10 and up
- Artist: Claus Stephan, Martin Hoffmann
- BGID: 40770
- Category: Adventure, Ancient
- Designer: Michael Schacht
- Family: The Gold Trilogy
- Mechanics: Area Control / Area Influence, Auction/Bidding, Route/Network Building
- Publisher: Editrice Giochi, Galakta, KOSMOS, Piatnik, Z-Man Games,
- Time: 60 minutes
- Year: 2009